Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Conditions.
This qualification aims to raise your awareness of mental health and a range of mental health conditions. You will gain an understanding of prevalent mental health conditions and how you can support, work or interact with individuals with mental health conditions.
Mental health refers to the psychological wellbeing of a person. It may also include the ability of a person to enjoy life and to create a balance between their life efforts and activities. Mental health is a very important factor that determines the productivity and wellbeing of an individual.
Payment plan available: click on the payment link below or contact us via Student's hub for extra support.
What is covered in this course?
- Learn about mental health and the importance of maintaining it.
- Understand stress, the ways to manage stress and the importance of managing it.
- Learn about anxiety and phobias.
- Gain an insight into conditions such as bipolar disorders, eating disorders, dementia and Schizophrenia.
- Get an understanding of depression, postnatal depression and how to seek help.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, while you get support from your online Tutor and where needed attend online session to help support you through your learning.
Method of assessment
In order to complete this course, all students are required to complete a series of assignments which must be submitted via the online portal.
Your allocated Tutor will assess your work and provide you with a constructive feedback following the submission of your completed assignments.
When you complete the course you will receive an Awarding Body RQF recognised certificate in Awareness of mental health conditions at level 2 which equates to 27credits.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals related to mental health
- Tutors, Teachers, Assessors
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in learning about mental health care
- UNIT 1 – Understanding mental health.
- UNIT 2 – Understanding stress.
- UNIT 3 – Understanding anxiety.
- UNIT 4 – Understanding phobias.
- UNIT 5 – Understanding depression.
- UNIT 6 – Understanding post-natal depression.
- UNIT 7 - Understanding bipolar disorder.
- UNIT 8 – Understanding schizophrenia.
- UNIT 9 – Understanding dementia.
- UNIT 10 – Understanding eating disorders.
- UNIT 11 – Understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- UNIT 12 – Understanding obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- UNIT 13 – Understanding Post-traumatic stress disorder.