Level 2 Certificate in Principles of working with Individuals with Learning Difficulties.
This qualification will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of issues surrounding different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives, including safeguarding, positive risk taking and an awareness of the autistic spectrum. You will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in, or who are already working with people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles.
Regarding payment instalment plans see the options available below.
Learners must complete all six mandatory units to gain the required 17 credits.
The total Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification is 143 hours.
Total Qualification Time (TQT) for this qualification is 170 hours.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, while you get support from your online Tutor and where needed attend online session to help support you through your learning.
Method of assessment
In order to complete this course, all students are required to complete a series of assignments which must be submitted via the online portal.
Your allocated Tutor will assess your work and provide you with a constructive feedback following the submission of your completed assignments.
When you complete the course you will receive an Awarding Body RQF recognised certificate in Principles of working with Individuals with Learning Difficulties at level 2 which equates to 17credits.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals related to mental health
- Tutors, Teachers, Assessors
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in learning about / working within the learning disability sector of health and social care.
All mandatory units are listed below:
• Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
• Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare