Level 6 Certificate in Academic and Professional Skills Development (RQF)
The objective of the Level 6 Certificate in Academic and Professional Skills Development qualification is to provide learners with an opportunity for deeper engagement with academic and professional skills.
These skills will enable learners to advance to academic study through the development of academic conventions, procedures and considerations relevant to study in higher education.
It will also enable learners to develop relevant academic skills towards professional, organisational and self-management attributes that are associated with professional practice.
The aims of this programme will allow learners to:
- Apply principles of academic convention
- Develop academic assignments
- Use analytical and critical skills to develop arguments
- Apply time management skills for academic study
- Understand how to source and utilise information for academic study
- Understand own learning styles.
The RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent level to relevant Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to relevant qualifications at a higher level or for progression with professional practice.
All fees paid for the qualification include:
3. Research and support materials.
4. Certificate issue.
5. Learner support if raised and identified.
6. FREE NUS / TOTUM discount card.
7. FREE SET membership.
8. When on an instalment plan there is no interest rate charged.
9. Upon signing up for the qualification an agreed break in learning and qualification can be issued upon request as soon as it is identified and raised.
Entry requirement:• Learner must be aged 18 or over to be on the course.
• Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
• Mature learners with relevant management experience.
Method of Assessment:
This qualification is internally assessed and quality assured by Centre staff then externally quality assured. This is a knowledge base qualification.
Knowledge evidence includes but not limited to written work completed then submitted online via the e-portfolio system, assignment tasks and where possible reports from work can also be provided while considering GDPR as part of assessment.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, you must provide evidence to demonstrate that you have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that you have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by your allocated Assessor.
Support facility available:
24/7 online access to e-portfolio available upon registration, including planned Tutor support.
Hybrid teaching and learning takes place which include face to face where possible and virtual online classroom session.
Research and support materials available to learner.
Online e-learning platform is used to support learner while on the programme.
Tutors are all sector expert with over 30 years combined experience of working and delivering within the Sector.
Method of Payment:
Employer funding and invoicing.
Self funding available with the option of an instalment plan.