RQF Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management.
Level 4 RQF Diploma in Health and Social Care Management.
OTHM Level 4 RQF Diploma in Health and Social Care Management.
This qualification is intended to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career or further study in the health and social care sector at a managerial level.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with industry-specific and
practical skills, enabling them to successfully apply their knowledge in the workplace, enhance their career prospects and allow progression to further study.
This RQF level 4 qualification represents practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and
competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree programme.
This qualification consists of 6 mandatory units, 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and the recommended Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification is a minimum of 600 hours.
The units combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the sector and will develop
and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of equality, diversity, professional
development, patient assessment, resource management, communication and health and
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation)
Learner that successfully completes the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Management qualification may, within 3 years, progress and complete the required Level 5
mandatory units to gain the full OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
Learner may be eligible to gain direct entry into Year 3 of a three year UK Bachelor’s degree programme upon completing this qualification.
All fees paid for the qualification include:
- e-portfolio allocation.
- Tutor support.
- Research and support materials.
- Certificate issue.
- Learner support if raised and identified.
- FREE NUS discount card.
- When on an instalment plan there is no interest rate charged.
- Upon signing up for the qualification an agreed break in learning and qualification can be issued upon request as soon as it is identified and raised.
Below is a list of the mandatory units that make up the qualification.
- Promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Health and Social Care (20 credits).
- Professional Development and Academic Writing (20 credits ).
- Communication in the Caring Professions (20 credits ).
- Principles of Health and Safety for Health Professions (20 credits ).
- Assessment Processes in Health and Social Care Settings (20 credits).
- Resource Management in Health and Social Care (20 credits ).
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification.
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification.
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience.
Method of Assessment:
This qualification is internally assessed and quality assured by Centre staff then externally quality assured. This is a knowledge and competence-based qualification.
Knowledge evidence includes but not limited to written work completed then submitted online via the e-portfolio system, assignment tasks and where possible reports from work placement while considering GDPR as required as part of assessment.
Direct observation of competence inline to unit standard and learner’s Organization policy and procedure where there is COVID restriction in place has to be followed.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, you must provide evidence to demonstrate that you have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that you have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by your allocated Assessor.
Support facility available:
- Tutors are all sector expert with over 30 years combined experience of working and delivering within the Sector.
- 24/7 online access to e-portfolio available upon registration, including planned Tutor support
- Hybrid teaching and learning takes place which include face to face where possible and virtual online classroom session.
- Research and support materials available to learner.
- Online e-learning platform is used to support learner while on the programme.
Method of Payment:
- Employer funding and invoicing.
- Self funding available with the option of an instalment plan.